Social Media Collage


For my collage, I originally started with the idea to make it about a bunch of things I like, but I quickly decided that with this project I wanted to have a meaning of some sort behind it. With this in mind, I decided to switch gears and go towards a collage about social media influences on girls in todays society. Mostly what happens is girls see other girls, or famous figures for that matter, and use social media to compare themselves and pick out what they believe is a flaw. They tend to use editing apps in order to make themselves more appealing, which then will lead to more likes, comments, and followers, which ultimately is every girls goal. It is a really sad world we live in that this has to be a competition; the more likes you have the more random people desire you as a person, and the more girls want to be you. With my collage, I took a picture of a girl peeking at the bottom and added an iPhone reflection in her sunglasses. Over her head, is a mini compilation of Instagram's "likes, comments, and followers" notifications, which I individually inserted. Around her, are popular social media platform logos that girls often find other girls to compare themselves too. Faded overhead, is the "facetune" logo, which is a popular editing app for pictures where one can edit their body shape, skin, teeth whitening, etc., to make the picture more appealing. Overall, I am very pleased with the way this project came out and spent a significant amount of time on it, and I believe it shows. I think while looking at it, one can interpret the overall message I am attempting to get across, which is an obvious end goal for this project. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evolution of File Sharing

"Seek Adventure" - Final Performance

Stage Door Blog Comments