Grid Art Project


For my grid project, I decided to go with pixelating a picture of the cartoon version of Cinderella's Princess Castle from the Disney movie. I originally tried to find a picture that would represent New Jersey, being thats where I am from and I love it, but nothing worked well with either too little of colors, or consisted of too many colors making it another level of complicated. Therefore, I chose to go with Cinderella's Castle. Disney has always played a large part in my childhood, and now is having the same presence in my little sister's life as well. Disney represents something so big; family, happiness, and imagination, all of which are extremely important to me. This project was difficult, in a way, when trying to match colors to get as close as possible to the original. I constructed my own grid by measuring each square, equalling a 12x18 pixelated image, and used colored pencils to create the image. For some squares, I had to mix several colors in order to get as close to the original as possible, while others I had to color harder or lighter to achieve the accurate tones. At the end, I attempted to add glitter to add to the Disney theme (being "pixie dust"), but I bought the wrong glitter  paint thinking it was clear so the glitter is only at the top because I didn't want to ruin, or take away, from my recreation. Although it didn't turn out exactly how I imagined, I am still overall pleased with my project's turnout! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evolution of File Sharing

"Seek Adventure" - Final Performance

Stage Door Blog Comments